SERVES 12 -15 (so adjust as necessary!)
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 13 ounces angel food cake
* 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
1. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
2. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Stir in 1/2 of whipped topping and almond extract; set aside.
4. Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces.
5. Place 1/3 of cake pieces in bottom of a trifle bowl.
6. Spoon 1/3 of cream cheese filling over cake, and top with 1/3 of
7. Repeat layers twice more.
8. Spread remaining whipped topping over top of trifle, sealing to edges.
9. Garnish with additional pie filling and sliced almonds if desired.