This is a recipe I made up and my mother and I love to make together. It has proven time and again to be a hit at gatherings... even for people not so into tuna the flavor is wonderful and so so easy.
1 Bx of multi-colored pasta (spirals, shells or any other fun shape)
2 cans of tuna (we use bumble bee solid white albacore in spring water, the normal sized ones)
1 jar of Marie's Creamy Italian Garlic Dressing
1 cup sweet baby peas and/or corn
- Cook the pasta until just done. You don't want it al dente as it will be too hard and you don't want it overly mushy as it won't hold up to being tossed . Drain and set aside to cool, add a little olive oil to prevent from sticking while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Drain the tuna completely, we like tuna so 2 cans is perfect and not overly fishy. Use a fork and break up the tuna in the can, you don't want to mash it, but you also don't want overly large chunks.
- In a large bowl add 1 can of tuna, 1/2 of the dressing, 1/2 of the peas. Add the entire contents of the drained pasta on top and then top off with remaining 1/2's of the tuna, dressing and peas.
- Fold the ingredients together using a spatula. You want to be careful not to break up the pasta or veggies.
- Cover and cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be made no more than 2 days in advance. The pasta and tuna will only incorporate more of the yumminess from the dressing. But anymore than 2 days it goes kinda soggy.