Prep: 15 minutes plus 4 hrs refrigerating. Can be made a couple of days in advance (or frozen for later use).
- 2 pounds beef steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- dash dried oregano leaves
- 2 large white onions, sliced in rings
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- 1 tsp salt
- Dump all ingredients in a gallon-size plastic bag and turn so that all the ingredients mix together. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or a couple of days (or freeze for later use).
- Dump contents of bag in a heavy skillet and bring it to a boil. Lower heat to low, cover and cook for about 40 minutes or so. The meat will be very tender and tasty.