2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1-1/2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temp
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs at room temp
2 Tbs. dark rum
4 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350°F.
2. Butter and flour 2 nine-inch cake pans.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl.
4. With a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until it is creamy.
5. Add the sugars and beat for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Then add the vanilla and the rum.
7. Lower the speed and add the bananas. Keep it on low speed while you add the buttermilk and the flour - add the dry ingredients and liquid ingredients alternately, adding the flour mixture in three portions and the coconut milk in two (begin and end with the dry ingredients).
8. Mix until everything is just incorporated.
9. Divide the batter between the two pans.
10. Bake for around 45 minutes, or until the cakes are a deep golden brown.
11. Cool in pans for 5 minutes and then on a rack until completely cool.
Peanut Butter Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]
Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.