These are always a hit!
Prep time: 1hr 10 min
- 2-3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 c margarine (use butter ONLY if you want them to be crispy)
- 2 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c granulated OR colored sugar - for garnish
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cram together margarine and 2 cups sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla.
- Gradually stir in dry mixture just until blended.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls then roll in remaining sugar or colored sugar.
- Refrigerate balls for at least 20 minutes OR freeze until ready to bake.
- Place cookies 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned at the edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to cool on a wire rack.